Toxin-Free Holiday Season

by Drs. Gurney & Marina Pearsall 24. December 2013 09:55

 

For all Americans, environmental toxin exposure is a daily event.  Various toxins enter into the body by way of: Inhalation, Ingestion, Absorption through Skin and Transfusion from Mother to Fetus.  Some toxins mimic our natural hormones {i.e.: Estrogen or Thyroid} and cause our bodies to become hormonally imbalanced.  Other toxins insert themselves into our Metabolic Pathway {i.e.: Heavy Metals such as Lead, Mercury, Cadmium} and act as a poison.  Anemia, Anorexia, Growth Delay, Fatigue, Headache and Mental Confusion are just a few of the symptoms associated with Heavy Metal Toxicity.

Our exposure during the Holiday Season is amplified for various reasons:

1)       Holiday Candles: 

 

a.       The Problem:  The most popular candles are paraffin-based.  When you decide to undergo a hot soak with lit paraffin-based candles to help set the mood, you are unwittingly increasing your exposure to toxic chemicals like Toluene and Benzene.  These chemicals are not just linked to cancer; they may also exacerbate Asthma and irritate the mucosal lining of the eyes, nasal passages and lungs.

 

b.       The Solution:  Soybean and Beeswax candles have not been shown to emit toxic chemical.

 

2)       Holiday Scents:

 

a.       The Problem:  Most store-bought scents are synthetic.  Synthetic scents may emit the toxic chemicals of Phthalates and Parabens.  These chemicals are known to mimic and disrupt our Natural Hormones.

 

b.       The Solution:  Use of “Natural Scents” like Essential Oils or Evergreen from excess Tree cuttings.

 

3)       Artificial Holiday Trees:

 

a.       The Problem:  The “Fake” trees were introduced in the 1930’s by the Addis “Toilet Bowl” Brush Company using the same machinery that made their toilet brushes.  Most of the trees are made of toxic metals and plastic {PVC}.  Some trees even carry a toxic metal Warning Label.  Today 85% of all “Fake” trees are made in China under conditions that cannot be legally reproduced in America.  Once the tree has been taken out of the box and erected, like a Trojan Horse present from China…it will Off-Gas fill your home with toxic fumes.  Fake Trees are both toxic to touch {Heavy Metals} and smell {PCV}.

 

b.       The Solution:  A Real Tree 

Happy Holidays! 

Drs. Gurney & Marina Pearsall

Tags: ,

Age No More

Comments are closed


Copyright © 2004-2017 YourCity.MD LLC All Rights Reserved. The information on this Website is provided as a courtesy of YourCity.MD. This Website is designed as a resource portal for informational purposes only and does not contain any warranties. Reliance on any information found on or through this Website or links found on this Website is entirely at your own risk. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or your local Emergency number immediately. YourCity.MD and its affiliates are not responsible for the content found on any links contained herein and do not necessarily agree with any of their opinions. - View Full Terms & Conditions